Project Workshop: You Got This!
Project development with AfroPolitan Berlin
What is it?
Our Black, African and Afro-diasporic communities are full of young people who have unimagined talents, creativity and forward-looking ideas. AfroPolitan Berlin can help you to turn your ideas into reality in our project workshop!
Examples of projects:
- Book club
- Video channel or production
- Network-/ Exchange-/ Online-Platform
- Community Project
- Launching a new product or service
- Facilitation or educational project
- Whatever your heart desires!
For whom is it?
- Black, African and Afro-diasporic people in Berlin (approx. 16-36 years old)
- The projects themselves do not have to be aimed at a specific target group (but may of course).
- Both individuals and group projects can apply; in the case of groups, the majority of the members should be Black, African or Afro-diasporic, or at least the project leader who would take advantage of the support offered.
How does it work?
We support the step-by-step implementation of selected projects through:
- Coachings (business coaching / design thinking / project management / cultural work)
- Content-related specialist & creative support / expertise
- Competence development / Know-How
- Support in the realisation of an event (in-house)
- Building self confidence
It doesn’t matter whether you only have an idea so far and don’t know where to start, or if you have already fully emerged in your project and are wondering what the next steps should be. We will pick you up from wherever you are currently at and help you with further development as well as refining and realising your concept.
Examples of supported projects from the 2020 project workshop:
- Writing workshop – Black to the Future (coaching / support & event realised in 2020)
- Network of Black Medical Professionals Black in Medicine (coaching / support in 2020, event planned for 2021)
- Podcast / online format production – Tripple E (coaching / support in 2020, presentation as part of AfroPolitan Berlin’s event “Culture as Resistance”, video podcast supported in 2021)
If you are interested, please send us the following information:
- Name of the project (or working title)
- Brief presentation of the project
- Goals & target group of the project
- Project team
- Current status of the work process
- Why would the project workshop be important for the further development of your project? What do you hope to gain from the process?
Please understand that we unfortunately cannot support all submitted project ideas, due to limited resources. The coaches or experts providing you with technical support are selected based on your needs and the content of your project. Please also note that AfroPolitan Berlin does not have the resources to cover possible financial costs for your project.
Please send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.