AfroPolitan Berlin Performance-Panorama
Workshop-/Residency-Programme for (emerging) professional Black and Afrodiasporic* performing artists (active) in Berlin, providing a platform to explore and develop performance works & concepts.
It will continue in 2023! Further info to follow in spring.
The AfroPolitan Berlin – Performance-Panorama offers performing artists an opportunity to develop themselves in protected, intersectional environments. It offers exchange and expansion of knowledge, networking and visibility among each other as well as across the board, resources and both financial and content-related support. Performing artists can develop autonomously, explore their own aesthetics, sharpen their perspectives, test methods and present insights into their work. The Performance Panorama consciously opens up spaces free from the paternalism of the dominant society and beyond established (structural) power and discrimination. Artistically directed and accompanied by Tessa Hart, supported by further Black artists & experts.
- For Black and Afrodiasporic* artists (active) in Berlin in the field of performing arts (also cross-disciplinary).
- For (aspiring) professional solo artists or collectives.
- Particularly suitable for new collectives and emerging artists.
- Collectives can consist of a maximum of 5 artists.
- Collectives that are only partly made up of Black artists may also apply; the prerequisite is that the Black artists act in (co-)decision-making positions and that in these collectives even more so everyone reflects on their own privileges, positionings and unconcious biases in the collaborations. There will be overarching group meetings only open to the Black/Afrodiasporic participants.
- Support for independent further development processes
- Provision of rehearsal rooms / premises (one week in total between June and August, individually coordinated dates)
- Dramaturgical & organisational support (although no complete dramaturgy or production management)
- Mentoring-Session with Black/Afrodiasporic mentors from the (Berlin) performance/cultural scene
- Exchange with the other supported artists
- Work-In-Progress-Showcase at Forum Brasil in Kreuzberg on 15 & 16 September 2023 (availability required)
- Image & documentation material / marketing support
- Remuneration for development processes and showcase
If you are interested in participating in the AfroPolitan Berlin – Performance-Panorama, please send us short overviews of the following information, via texts, video and/or audio formats, depending on what you prefer and have, in (at least primarily) German and/or English spoken or written language.
Applications are open until 24 April 2023 end of the day/midnight CET (Berlin-time).
The form does not save your answers automatically before sending, so make a backup copy, for example.
Alternatively, you can send us your applications directly by email to email@example.com
Even as a very small project, we always strive to be able to meet accessibility needs and there are also specific funds available for this purpose, please feel free to give us relevant notices in the submission already.
If you would like to submit files as attachments, please send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We mostly use the self-designations Black and/or Afrodiasporic on this website, this also includes African, Afro-German, Afro-European and other self-designations of people belonging to the African Diaspora, those who experience anti-Black racism.
AfroPolitan Berlin – Performance-Panorama is funded by the Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
AfroPolitan Berlin c/o Forum Brasil e.V, Möckernstraße 72, 10965 Berlin
AfroPolitan Berlin - Identity ⋆ Creating ⋆ Community ist gefördert aus Mitteln der Senatsverwaltung für Integration, Arbeit und Soziales im Rahmen des Partizipations- und Integrationsprogramms.
You Got This! Starter Kits zusätzlich gefördert durch Erasmus+ Programm der EU.
AfroPolitan Berlin - Performance-Panorama ist gefördert durch die Senatsverwaltung für Kultur und Europa.